This festival is celebrated on Aashwin Shudhha pournima at night from 12:00 to 12:39am. This is the only chance to serve Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Kuber, Lord Indra, moon together. The festival is celebrated as follows –
Take a wooden seat (Paat).Keep some wheat at centre making a circle. Keep a small copper or steel vessel filled with water on the wheat. Put a small branch of mango tree in the vessel. This is the symbol of Lord Indra. Keep some wheat making two different circles side by side on wooden seat. Keep two Betel- nuts each on two circles. These are the symbols of Lord Kuber and Goddess Lakshmi. Make a circle by Gopi Chandan or Chandan on wooden seat. This is the symbol of Moon. Make some boiled thick sweat milk (Kheer). Do all this above all mentioned before 12:00'o clock. Keep milk in the moonbeam from 12 to 12:30. Do Panchopachar Poojan (Tilak, flowers, sensor or dhoop, deep, naivedyam) of Four Deities at 12:30. The Naivedya of milk is to be offered & to be tested before 12:39am.
Chant 1 Mala of Lakshmi-Gayatri, Vishnu-Gayatri, Kuber Mantra and read Vyankatesha Stotra, Shri Sukta, Lakshmi Kawacha, Vishnu Sahastranama, 18 names of Srimad Gita, 15th chapter of Gita in the night.
This is the very important worship for propitiating Goddess Lakshmi. The two betel-nuts of Lakshmi & Kuber should be kept preserved. Those should be worshipped on every tear for Kojagiri Pournima & Lakshmi Poojan in Diwali. If the Betel-nuts are get infected by infants use another one.
Lord Vishnu and goddess Lakshmi come to earth this night and bless those who keep awakened and do Seva.
Brahma Dhvaja Namastestu Sarvabhist Falprad |
Praptesmin Sanvatsare Nityam Mad Gruhe Mangalam Kuru ||
It means that in the form of this Dhvaj (Flag) I bow down to the supreme Brahma. May our all kinds of desire are fulfilled. I pray that in this New Year all Mangal and Pavitra (holy and pious) things come to my home.
Om BrahmDhvajay Namah ||
Reasons for erecting Gudi / Brahmadhvaj
1) Prabhu Shri Ram Chandra came to Aayodhya with Lakshman and Sitamai after 14 years Vanvaas.
2) Basu a king did tapashcharya and became Manujendra. So Amarendra gave an honour to him on this day only.
3) Brahmadev created Srushti (Nature) on this day only.
4) Shalivahan, a king, made 6000 statues of solders, made them live and defeated Shak king. So in the memory of that event Shalivahan started a New Shak (Year Count).
Purpose of Mandiyali:
1) To revise all Shastras and Seva preached in Shri Swami Samarth Seva Marg.
2) To give training to New Sevekaris in various Seva through Practical and workshop.
On Mandiyali occasion all Sevekaris bring their food in Seva Kendra. The food is mixed making 'Gopal Kala'. Naivedyam to Swami Maharaj is given and all Sevekaris take Prasad. Various Shastras are taught through practical and workshops.
Vasantik Navaratra or Chaitra Navaratra starts from Chaitra Shudhha Pratipada i.e. Gudipadava or Ugadi till Ramnavami. The Story behind the festival is –
Story :- Goddess Sati burnt her body in the Yadnya of King Dakshya. After that. Goddess had to take incarnation for defeating Trpurasur and Tarakasur devils. Goddess Bhagavati created a desire in the mind of Mainavati, the wife of Himalaya, and decided to take birth in her womb. When the body of Goddess Sati was burnt, Mainavati made a idol of Goddess Sati and started tough tapascharya at the bank of Ganga. Goddess Bhagavati should take incarnation in her womb was the desire of the Mainavati. Pleasing by her perseverance and Tapa Goddess Bhagavati took incarnation on Chaitra Shudhha Pratipada. He was given name as "Parvati".
One may think how the Himvaan, the mountain got the daughter Parvati? But this simple, there are various Sir-names in India like Vaagh, Mahhishi. So there is an evidence of Sirname "Parvate". Goddess Parvati took incarnation in Parvate family on Chaitra 01, as per Hindu calendar.
In this Navaratra, Saptashati Paath should be recited. As per one's family tradition the Seva of Kul-Devi should be done.
Ram Navaratra is also celebrated in these nine days. On Navami Ram Janmostav is celebrated in every Seva Kendra at 12.39 pm. All sevekaris should read Shri Ram Raksha Stotra in evening.
On this day in afternoon at 12:00 o'clock incarnation of Shree Kaal Bhairav Nath came into existence. On this day, after 4PM in the evening, visit your nearest Dindori Pranit Seva Kendra or temple of Shree Kaal Bhairav Nath and pray to him that I am a Shri Swami Samarth Sevekari and by the guidance of Shri Swami Samarth Seva Kendra I am doing your Seva, Do Trivar Muzara to him, offer him coconut, garland, sweet (Sugar Crystals), Naivedyam (fried brinjal, Roti of Baazara, slices of onion, lemon. This Naivedyam is very favourate to him). Read Kaal Bhairav Aashtak 11 times.
This fifteen day's period is called as Mahalaya or Pitru-Pandharwada. In these days our ancestors who had left this material world come on earth. Actually in Hindu religion it is believed that there are seven Lokas (i.e.) out of which one is Pitru-Lok.
The day (By Hindu calendar - Tithi) on which they are dead Havan, Pind-Dan (Shradhha), Hiranya-dan is to be done. Hiranya Dan means to give some money (Dakshina), Two Janawe (Hiranya), some sweet or sugar to a Brahmin. A holy person should be invited for lunch.
Pitru – Stuti, Bahya Shanti Sukta Paath should be done. Parampujya Shri Gurumauli has given a special ritual for Pitru seva. On Shradhha day and on every Amavasya (No moon day) at 12:00am, a Roti is to be taken on which some Rice, Ghee, black sesame (Kala Teel) is to be kept. Being sited facing South 1 Mala Jaap of a Mantra (Mantra is given bellow) should be done and after that the Mala should be touched to that Rice. By this ritual Aghor Pitras also get Sadgati.
Mantra : Madvaha Somasyadhina Maday Pratno Hota Vivasate Vam |
Barhishmati Ratirvishrita Girisha Yant Naasatyopa Vaajaihe ||
If any lady who was Savashna (having husband alive at the time of death) or any lady had became Sati (Offering her body along with her husband's body to Agni), their Shradhha should be done on Avidhava Navami. If you don't remember or know the Teethi of your ancestor's death, their shradhha should be done on Amavasya. Hiranya Dan should also be given.
On this day Lord Shankar killed Tripurasur, a devil. In remember of his victory Dipostav is celebrated in the temple of Lord Shankar. On this day worship Shri Swami Samarth Maharaj in the form of Lord Shankar.
The ladies Sevekaris should use 750 wicks (Vaat) sinked in pure ghee to do evening Aarati of Swami Maharaj and Lord Shankar in Seva Kendra.
On this day Darshan of Kartik Swami, the son of Lord Shankar, is taken. Coconut, flowers, sweet should be offered to Kartik Swami. Chant 1 Mala of Kartik Gayatri.
Mantra : Oam Shanmukhay Vidmahe Mahasenay Dhimahi | Tanno Shashta Prachodayat ||
In the evening, at the time of moonrise remember six Krutika 'Paravti, Sambhuti, Priti, Santati, Anusaya, Kshama'. Write "Kartikey, Khadgi, Varun, Hutashan and Sashuk" holy names of Kartik Swami by means of Ashtagandhha on backside of main door of house and do Panchopchar Poojan of them. In Brahmand Puran it is written that by this worship, there will be improvement in the prospects of home.
By Darshan of Kartik Swami Devotee will be financially stabled.
The Reason Of Doing Tulasi Vivah : Once the wives of Lord Shri Krishna made equilibrium of Shri Krishna with gold, Diamonds, etc. But the pan containing gold and ornament was not equilibrated with Krishna. Then Satyabhama kept a leaf of Tulasi in the pan and the pan was equilibrated. Only because of holiness and purity of Tulasi the equilibrium could happen. So Lord Krishna accepted Tulasi as his wife and gave a boon "On every year, for the teaching to people, our marriage will be celebrated and then only the marriages of couples will be done."
Importance : Tulasi Vivah is celebrated in every Dindori Pranit Kendra from Kartik Shukla Ekadashi to Kartik Pournima in Kartik month as per Hindu calendar. Those, who have problems in arrangement of marriage or getting a matching life partner, should attend Tulasi Vivah.
Tulasi, Rui, Vad, Audumbar, Ashwathha these are the trees which are given very much importance by all religious Shashtras. Marriages are done of Tulasi & Rui. Upanayan Samskar is done of Vad, Audumbar and Ashwathha.
Tulasi has very important medical properties. So it is related with Pitra & God. Tulasi offered at the feet of Lord Vishnu is very lovable to Lord Shiva. Lord Shri Krishna/ Lord Vishnu love Tulasi very much. That is why leaves of Tulasi are kept on Naivadyam.
This Chaturthee is also called as "Varadaa Chaturthee', 'Kanda Chaturthee' and 'Shanti Chathurthee'. Shree Ganesha took incarnation of 'Dhundiraaj' at Kaashi on this day only. Shree Ganesh Yaag is done on this auspicious occasion in every Dindori pranit centre. For Ganesh yaag, Counch grass (Durva), parched grains of unhusked rice (sadichya Lahya) and 'Modak'- the favourate foodstuff of Shree Ganesh are used as 'Havidravya'- an offering in yajna. 1100 or 2100 'Aavartan' (Repeated recitation) are recited and 'Aahutee' of one tenth of Avartan are offered in Yajna.
Every Sevekari should do Poojan of Shree ganesh, chanting 11 mala jap of 'Shree Swami Samarth', 21 Avartan of Shree Ganapati Atharvashishya (Falasruti should be read at last) and reciting one time Shree Lalitaa sahastranaam. By doing above said Seva one will be blessed by good fortune & his children are blessed.
Vasant or spring season gives rejuvenation to the fall of winter. It is the time when mango trees come in to bloom. In our agricultural country, it is usual to bring the new food grains from farm on this day and offer it to God first before using for meal. The reason behind this is to have prosperacy in home. In India, on this occasion 'Haladi-Kumkum program' is organised and Watermelon, muskmelon, cane juice, "Panhe" - a type of juice made of green mango are offered as refreshment to guest. The reason behind is that, it is sign which shows our diet should match with the conditions of season.
On this day sevekari should attend with their children Bhupaali Aarati of 8:00 am in Kendra. After Aarati chanting of 11 mala Shree Swami Samarth jap, 11 mala jap of "Aeem" - the Bij-mantra of Maha Saraswati. After reciting jap, every Sevekari should write "Aeem" on tongue of their child by honey with the help of 'Darbha" (A type of grass) or by finger and pray to Shree Swami Samarth Maharaj and Shree Maha-Saraswati for prosperity of child. Those, who are unable to go to Dindori Pranit Seva Kendra, should do above seva at home.
As per tradition of Dindori Pranit Seva Marg, in the month of Sraavan Rudra Abhishek on "Pinda/Ling of Bhagvaan Shankar" is done from morning after Bhupali Aarati to evening Aarati every day at all Daily Dindori Prant Seva Kendras. Sevekari recite various seva of Lord Shankar before Pind of Lord Shankar. The details of the seva is as follows -
1) Ganapati Aatharva-shishya. 2) Sri Sukta 3) Shiv Mahimna Stotra 4) Shiv Kavach 5) Sri Rudra 6) Dvaadash Jotirlinga Stotra 7) Kaal Bhairav Aashtak 8) 10 Shlokas of Sri Ram Raksha 9) 11 Malas of "Shri Swami Samarth" mantra 10) Maha-Mrurunjay Mantra 12) Amrut Sanjivani Mantra 13) Sanjivani Mantra 14) Gayatri mantra 15) Shiv-Ashtottar-Shat-Namavali 16) Shiv Prarthana
In the evening Shodashopchar Poojan of the Pind is done as per Yadnya-Vidhi. So every Sevekari should do the above mentioned seva in the Sravan month daily. If there is no daily Seva kendra nearby your home, then also you do this seva at home and get the blessings of Bhagvan Shankar and Bhagvan Swami Maharaj.
Note: The above mentioned Seva (Stotras, Mantras, Rudra) is given in "Nitya Seva (Vishesh)" and "Bhagvan Shankarachi Seva"
Shiv Har Shankar Namami Shankar Shiv Shankar Shambho |
Hey Girijapati Bhavani Shankar Shiv Shankar Shambho ||
On 15Th Aug. our Independence Day is celebrated in the hearts of all Indians. The Basic Tatva (Principle) of our Dindori Pranit Seva Marg is "Matru Devo Bhav | Pitru Devo Bhav | Aacharya Devo Bhav | Athiti Devo Bhav | And Rashtta Devo Bhav ||''
Since years we are serving our Mother by various Religious Seva (Rituals) as well as social programs. In May 07 we celebrated Koti-Chandi Melava for the prospect of Our Motherland.
On every Independance Day, Shri Gurumauli do "Dvaja-Rohan" at All India Shri Swami Samarth Gurupeeth, Trimbakeshwar. All Sevekaries do "Saptashati Paath" on this day in all Dindori Pranit Centres for praying Mata Bhagavati for the prospect of the nation as well as for defeating our enemies.
Diwali is one of the most important festivals of Indian culture. This festival is also important for doing seva of Goddess Lakshmi. Most Adorable His Holiness Gurumauli Shri Annasaheb More Chief, All India Shri Swami Samarth Seva Marg (Dindori Pranit) has given following seva & rules for Diwali period. If anyone follows these rules & do seva, by Divine grace of Gurumauli and Swami Maharaj Goddess Lakshmi will propitiate on him.
Kartik Krushna Aashtami to Amavasya: -
1) Everyone in family should take bath daily by 'Shripad Utane' early in morning. The Skin diseases, cough, Vaat etc. are cured and mind becomes calm by this 'Abhyang snan'.
2) On No Moon Day (Amavasya) firstly take bath by 'Panchagavya' & then by 'Utane'. Panchagavya is made by mixing Cow dung, Cow urine, milk, Curd & Ghee.
3) Invocation to Goddess Lakshmi should be done by Kulastri (woman in family). For this all ladies in family should wear Sari and red or green Bangles in hand. The Kunkum that is offered in 'Kunkumargan Vidhi' should be used. If there is no woman in family man should do the adoration.
4) Kunkumargan should be done on 'Ashtami' i.e. on 14th Oct.06. Take a steel or copper plate which should be used for worship only. Put the Kuldevi's Taak or idol in it and offer Kunkum by five fingers on Kuldevi chanting Navarnav Mantra (Oam Aem Hrim Klim Chamundayaiy Vicheiy). Do this 108 times.
5) Draw Rangoli Gayatri-Padma, Lakshmi-Padma and Navagraha in the courtyard. Draw footprints of Cow (Gopadma) & Lakshmi by Rangoli on either side of Main Door.
6) In evening kindle ghee lamp and dhoop in the shrine after tulasi poojan.
7) Keep spiritual and Satvik (with calmness and serenity) environment in the evening in home. Don't watch T.V.Serials. Do Jap.
8) From Ashtami to Amavasya sprinkle gomutra in the home in evening and also drink one spoon gomutra in the morning with empty stomach.
9) Unless and until Alakshmi is not go away Goddess Lakshmi would not comes in home. So sprinkle Gomutra in every evening and mix Yadnya-Vibhuti and white mustard (Paandharya Moharya) in hand and chant 1 mala ||Shri Swami Samarth|| and read 'Kaalbhairavaashtak' 11 times on it on Ashtami. Daily throw this Vibhuti and mustard in home in evening. By this ritual Alakshmi go away and invocation to Goddess Lakshmi is given in home. Also our home gets secured.
10) From Ashtami to Amavasya do Abhisheka (Effusion) on 'Kuldevi' Taak or Idol by reading 1 or 16 times Sri-Sukta after that spray 'Kewada Attar' on Taak. Do Abhisheka on Shri Swami Maharaj by reading Sri-Sukta and Purush-Sukta after abhisheka spray 'Hina Attar'. If you don't have idol of Swami Maharaj then do abhisheka on photo by spraying water by flower.
Special Worship in Diwali for Financial Prospects: -
1) After throwing Raksha in home, kindling ghee lamp and dhoop in evening take two beads (Mani) of 'Kamalgathha' (Beads made of lotus root) in hand and chant 'Shodashi mantra' 16 times, 1 mala of ||Shri Swami Samarth||, 1 mala of 'Kamalatmak Mantra' (all mantras are given in Nitya Seva). Keep the beads in plastic box. Do this seva daily in evening from Ashtami to Amavasya and take 2 different beads every time except on Amavasya it has to be done in morning. On Amavasya after doing Nitya Seva in the morning taking two beads do the same seva and keep all the 16 Kamalgathha beads (gathered from Ashtami) in Deshi Shudhha ghee. Ignite Agni in Hawan Kund or iron pan by using wood and Cow dung. Do Swahakar by Shudhha Ghee by chanting 11 times Shri Swami Samarth, 24 times Gayatri Mantra, and Navarnav Mantra 16 times. After completing above Swahakar chant 'Kamalatmak Mantra 16 times and do Swahakar by throwing Kamalgathha beads on Agni every time. By doing this seva spiritual development, peace of mind and financial stability will be established in the year.
2) If possible wake up in the midnight at 12:00 and take bath. Chant Gayatri mantra 1 mala from 12:30 am to 1:00 am.
3) On Saturdays & Balipratipada men should offer 'Kewada Attar' to lord Hanuman and read Sri Ram Raksha and Hanumad Bisa (given in Nitya seva). By this seva financial stability will be established.
4) On 24th Oct.06 do 'Yama deep Dan' in night. Facing South kindle on lamp (deep) outside of home. Pray to Lord Yama, "Hey Lord Yamadevata! We are Shri Swami Samarth Sevekaries. Please give us long life." Wash hands-legs and read 'Lakshmi Nrusinha Stotra' given in Nitya Seva before God.
5) After Narak Chaturdashi Poojan chant 1 Mala of Vishnu-Gayatri. Lakshmi stays where there is seva of Lord Vishnu is done.
Reasons of not having prosperity in home: – 1) Pitru-Dosh or Vaastu-Dosh.
2) Seva of Kuldevi is not being done in family.
3) Corruption or wrong way of income.
4) Dishonour / Insult of Ladies in home, by that Alakshmi come in home.
5) Friction, uproar, conflicts in the home.
6) Where Sanskars are not present, Lakshmi doesn't stay there.
1. Do cleaning of house on Saturdays and Amavasya (No Moon Day). By this, Alakshmi will go away and Lakshmi will come in home.
2. Cut the nails on Tuesdays. By this, Alakshmi and Arishta (Adverse fortune) would go away.
The 6th Day of Marathi month 'Margashish' (Margashish Shudhha 6) is called as Champashashti. In Maharashtra state this day is celebrated as the festival in the name of Khandoba. The story behind this is as follows –
Story:- Long time ago there were two devils namely Mani & Malla. They were tormenting/ torturing the good, virtuous, righteous people. So Lord Shankar took incarnation of Martand Bhairav and battled with them on the mountains of Manichal. During this battle devil mani surrendered to Martand bhairav and devil Malla was died. As the devil malla was defeated by Lord, this incarnation of Lord is called as Mallhari [Malla + Aari = Mallhari. Aari means enemy or the one who defeated to somebody]. This battle was happened in Margashish Pratipada to Shashti for Six days. So these days are celebrated as Dev-Dipavali as well as "Khandoba Navaratra"During these days Nanda Deep is lightened 24 hrs.. Flowers of Marigold (Zendhuchi fule) are very much liked to Khanderay. Khanderay is the family deity (Kul-Daivat) of most of the families in Maharashtra. Zezuri, Nimgao, Pali, Naldurga are some of the pilgrimage places of Khanderay. In some of the families this Navararta is worshipped as Kuldharma-Kulaachar. On this auspicious occasion of Kulaachar following vidhi is done.
Poojan Vidhi:- In this Navaratra "Ghatstapana" as like Devi Navaratra is done. The only thing is that "Taak of Shree Khanderay" is kept on Ghat. The poornapatra is kept on Ghat. Some Akshada or betel leaves are kept on the poornapatra and "Taak of Khanderay"is put upon that. Other deities should be kept in Devghar only and not on Ghat because Ghati basavane means to give rest. As 'Malhari Maharaj' lead the battle so he take rest on these days and not other deities take rest. Daily do Panchopchar poojan of Khanderay by keeping some distance. Do not touch the deity. Recite mantra "Shree Mallhari Martanday Namaha|". Khanderay likes Bhandara i.e. Halad (Turmeric) so offer Bhandara daily. On last day (On Champashashti) after doing Panchopchar poojan Tali Pooja is done. Tali is filled as per instructions given in "Malhari Mahatmya" book. Ashtadal is made of rice (tandulacha Ashtadal Karava) in Poornapatra. Bhandara is kept on that. In the centre of the Ashtadal Betel nut, coin, leaves of betel and coconut are kept. Poojan of Tali is done. All men & children of the family should keep hands upon the Poornapatra and lift it thrice and touch it to foreheads of all saying "Yelkot Yelkot jay mallhar Sadanandacha Yelkot Mhalasakant Kade pathar Ki Jay!". Some Bhandara is offered to Lord and put the Poornapatra down. Do this process thrice. At some places following Jay-Jaykar is done as - Sadanandacha Yelkot, Yelkot Mallhar Yelkot| Har Har Mahadev| Chintaman Moraya| Bhairobacha Chandoba| Agagadbamb Nagara| Sonyachi Jejuri| Motyacha Tura| Nila Ghoda| Pathi Toda| Kamar Kargotaa| Bembee Heera| Galyat Kanthee| Mohan Maala| Doevar Shela| Aangaavar Shaal| Sada Heelala| Jejuri jai| Shikar Kheli| Mhalasa Sundari| Aarati Kari| Devaa Ovali| Nanapari| Devachya Shrungaara Kot Laago Sheekharaa| Khanderaayachaa Khandaka| Bhandaraacha Bhadaka| Bol Sadanandaacha Yelkot||
"Yelkot" is word which is being in use since this Incarnation. Actually Khandoba is the family deity of 6 crore devotees. The meaning of Yelkot is God of Six Crore devotees (Yel means Six and kot means crore)
After that the coconut is brocken and Prasad is offered to firstly Lord and then to all the family members. For Naivedya – Bajarichi Bhakari (Roti of Bajra), Paticha Kanda (Chive), Navya Vangyache Bharit (Bharit of New Brinjal), Nava Lasoon (New Garlic). Pooran-Poli is also offred to lord. Aarati is done. The Aarati of Mhallhari is given in Mhallhari Mahatmya Book. The head of the family preferably men should keep fast for 5 days and on last day fast should be break. Paarayan of Mhallhari Mahatnmya should be done in 5, 7, 11 nos. in these days. This deity is very much simple & he gives us all blessings. He is incarnation of Bhola Samb Shankar. He is very quickly propitiate upon his devotees. There is one real story given in our Mhallhari Mahatmya by Shree Gurumauli. The story is - When King Aurangajeb destroyed temles of Hindus, nobody reacted or opposed to him anywhere. But at Jejuri there were Five hundred righteous, virtous fellows who are great devotees of Khandoba. They decided to fight the battle with 1.25 Lac soldiers of Aurangjeb. Seeing their righteous motto Lord Kandoba made a trick. Near about Lacs "Bhunge" (like bees - I don't know what to say to Bhunga in English!) were came to defeat Aurangajeb. Knowing the reality Aurangajeb offered one diamond of worth Rs. 1.25 Lacs at the feet of Lord Khanderay. People call that diamond as "Savva Lakhacha Bhunga".
Magh Vadya Chaturdashi is called as Maha-Shivaratri. Actually Vadya Chaturdashi of every month is Shivaratri but Magh Vadya 14 has special significance. On this auspicious day worship of Lord Shankar is done.
In every Dindori Pranit Seva Kendra, this festival is celebrated. Before Bhupali Aarati photo of Bhagawan Shankar is kept beside photo of Shree Datta Maharaj. After Bupali Aarati Shodashopchar Poojan is done on Shiv-Pind. Abhishekam is a part of Shodashopchar poojan so following Stotra & Mantra are recited during Abhishekam –
1) Ganapati Atharvashishya – 1 Times 2) Sanskrit / Marathi Rudra – 1 Times 3) Gayatri Mantra – 1 Mala 4) Sanjivani Mantra – 11 Times 5) Amrit Sanjivani Mantra – 11 Times 6) Maha- Mrutunjay Mantra – 11 Times 7) Kaal-Bhairav Ashtak – 1 Time 8) Shiv Kawach – 1 Time 9) Shiv Mahimna Stotra – 1 Time 10) Dvadash Jyotirlinga Stotra – 1 time 11) Ram Raksha – 1 Time 12) Shri Suktam – 1 Time 13) Shiv Ashtottarshat Namavali –1 Time 14) Shiv Har Shankar ….. Prayer – 11 times
After doing above seva remaining Poojan is followed. At 10:30 am afternoon Aarati is done in which 6 aarati are sung. Before Sayam Aarati 108 "Bilva Patra" are offered on Shiv Pinda by reciting Ashtottarshat namavali.
Shodashopchar Poojan on Shiv _ Pind can be done at home also with above seva of Abhishek. Teertha of abhishek on Shiv Pinda is very pious and it has been experienced very powerful on old diseases, Alcohol & other addictions. It removes bad power from home if sprinkled in home. There are so many experiences of Alcohol addicted fellows who have got relief from addiction because of Teerth of Shiv Pinda. Every Sevekari should keep fast on this day.
Shri Hanuman is the ideal of Bhakti, Shakti & Budhhi. On this day please recite Hanuman Stotra, Ram-Raksha, Langulaastra.
Manojavam maraut Tulya Vegam | Jitendriyam Budhhimatam varishtham |
Vatatmajam Vanaruyuth Mukhyam | Shri Ram Dutam Sharanam Prapadde ||
As per Lunar months in "Paush" Sun enters in Makar (Capricorn) Rashi that is why this festival is called as 'Makar SankrantI'. Here Sankaranti referrers to Sanskrit word "Sankraman" means transition (Stityantaran kiwwa Sankraman Pudhe Jaane). From this day "Uttaraayan" (Winter solstice) starts. There are two Aayans in a year Uttaraayan & Dakshinaayan. These Aaayans has very much importance. See, if one has to do Naarayan Nagbali or Tripindi Vidhi there is a rule that there should not any family member's death happened in last one year. But if Aayan is changed he can do the vidhi. Also there is a story in Mahabharat that Pitamah Bhishma waited laying on "Sharpanjari" (Bed of Arrows) till the Uttaraayan gets started and then he left his body as the doors of heaven are opened from Uttaraayan. So on this day "Pitra" and "Savashna" are offered Naivedyam. The Sankraman is also referred to our transitional life. In our life we also face several transitional phases. So this festival also has this cultural importance.
This festival is really very much religious as well as it has scientific background. Actually there are 12 Sankranti in a year. Sankranti means "Suryache Eaka Rashitun Dusarya Rashit gaman". But still we celebrate this (14th jan) Sankranti with huge celebrations. It is believed that on this auspicious day, doing Abhyang Snan and donating "Daan" is important. Hemadri has described the holy period of Sankranti of Sun and other planet; in case of Sun it is 16 Ghatika before and after Sankranti. On the next day of Sankranti there is Kinkranti. On Kinkranti none of Holy work should be started. Bhogi is celebrated before a day to Sankranti. Bhogi Kinkrant is celebrated upto Rathsaptami.
Sankranti is in winter season. The period from Dhanu Sankranti to Makar Sankranti is called as DhanuSankrant. From Uttaraayan Sun moves towards north side of the equator. When Sun is in Tula Ras (Libra) its power is reduced and the coldness gets started. When the Sun enters in Mesh Ras (Ascendant) its effect is increased and hotness in environment is started. Mithun Ras (Gemini) is dry one. When Sun enters in Karka Raas (Cancer) the rainy season is started and when the Sun enters in Kanya Ras (Virgo) rainy season ends, coldness in night and heat in day. We use to say "October Heat" to the situation.
Story Behind Festival:- It's believed that Goddess Bhagavati took an incarnation in the form of a deity who is spread over Seven "Yojan" having her leaves nose very long and having nine hands. Her formal nature is like "Purush" and she killed the two devils namely Sankrasur and Nisansur. Hence in the name of the deity this festival is celebrated. On this holy day Savashnav ladies give and take "Vaan".
On this festival, Suryopasana is done. Sun/Surya is source of energy. By his worship Vishwamitra Rishi could discover the famous "Gayatri Mantra". Suvasini women worship Surya by offering fruits of Rabbi (Oos, Ole Harabare, Bora). The symbol of sunrise, the red colour is used for Kumkum. "Haladi Kunku Samarambh" is celebrated in all parts of India from Kinkranti to Rathsaptami because of the same reason. Our third eye or source of subtle energy is in "Bhrukuti Madhya" means in between eyebrows. It is worshiped by offering Kumkum.
"Saa Vidya Ya Vimuktaye"! Ladies Sevekari should give daan of our Dindori Pranit Seva Marg's publications like Nitya Seva, Dnyan Dan Part 1 to 4, Krushi Shastra Part 1 to 3, Durga Saptashati, Guru Charitra, Vivah Samskar, Aayurved, Marathi Asmita, San Var Vrat Vaikalya, Swami Charitra, Dindarshika and so on. Also they can give daan of five holy trees (Pandhari Rui, Pandhara Jaswand, Pandhara Kanher, Pandhari Shewanti, Pandhari Bhurungini) or subscription of Swami Seva Magzine or old issues of Swami Seva Magzine. As this festival is in winter season so on this festival "Til-Gul" (Sesame and Jaggery) is given to each other.
Farmers offer Naivedyam to "Sita Mata" on this day. Naivedyam is offered by digging a pit in the centre of the farm. Prayer should be done while offering Naivedya "Maazhe tu ghe aani tuzhe mala de (Take whatever is mine and give yours)".